- To become a candidate for graduation and to participate in commencement exercises, a student must file an application for graduation with the Office of the Registrar.
- Instructions for Undergraduate and Master degree students are sent via email mid-September (for Fall and Winter candidates) and mid-February for May and August candidates. The online forms are located on connect.oldwestbury.edu under “Registration” and “Forms”:
On the bottom right of the page, select the appropriate link under “Forms”:
- Students are urged to review their degree audit reports often to make sure they are making progress towards their degree.
- To view the DegreeWorks worksheet, please login to connect.oldwestbury.edu, select “Academics” and the Degree Audit (DGW) icon:
Select campus: Old Westbury
- For questions, or concerns regarding degree requirements, please schedule an appointment with an academic advisor in the department of major for guidance.
- There are four graduation terms (December, January, May and August) but only one ceremony in May. December and January graduates and candidates for May and August may participate in the commencement activities. Example: Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 graduates, and Spring 2022 and Summer 2022 candidates may participate in the commencement activities
- Participating in the commencement activities does not denote degree completion for graduation.
- Names of candidates for whom applications are accepted after the application deadline may not appear in online and/or printed commencement materials.
- The graduation application deadlines are typically early October for December and January candidates and early March for May and August candidates. The exact dates are listed in the college academic calendar and the semester Important Dates, Deadlines and General Information, which are posted on the campus website.
For questions or concerns about the graduation application process, please contact Degree Audit via: firstname.lastname@example.org