Students who have previously attended Old Westbury and wish to return after an absence of one or more semesters must file an Application for Readmission at least one month prior to the beginning of the return semester.
Readmission for Students Absent for 3 or Fewer Consecutive Semesters
- Visit the Connect OW Portal.
- Log in. (Log in help)
- Click on Registration icon
- Click on Readmission Form under Form
Readmission for Students Absent for 3 or More Consecutive Semesters
- Complete the Former Student Login form and then complete the steps described above in Connect OW Portal.
- Readmitted students who have been away from the College for five years or less may be subject to the college catalog requirements that were in effect when initially admitted
- Readmitted students absent for more than five years will be subject to all requirements in the college catalog that is in effect at the time of readmission given the program still in effect.
- Readmitted students with outstanding financial obligations will not be permitted to register unless all obligations have been satisfied.
- Readmitted students who had been academically dismissed must be approved for reinstatement by the Academic Standing Committee.
Students who may have enrolled at another institution after leaving Old Westbury must provide an official transcript(s) to Enrollment Services prior completing the application.
SUNY Old Westbury does not ask or consider a response to the criminal history question in the admissions decision process. However, please be aware that if you seek access to student housing, study abroad or internship opportunities, or professional licensure, you will be asked to provide this information. Also be aware that a prior felony conviction may impede your ability to complete your chosen degree program or receive professional licensure in your chosen field.