Welcome to your Sophomore Year! The Sophomore year is a pivotal time at Old Westbury as you give thought to and make decisions about your academic plans and career choices. The Sophomore Jump Program is designed to transition students through their sophomore year and into their major department by their junior year. We want our Sophomores to excel by providing opportunities and support for your academic and professional success.
Sophomore Jump Goals for Students:
- Develop academic, social and career purpose.
- Discover and utilize campus resources.
- Develop personal and professional resources.
- Explore career options.
- Increase self-awareness, emotional intelligence and self-esteem.
- Acquire and apply skills for success.
Sophomore Jump Programming Includes:
- Degree Planning Workshops
- Career Awareness Workshops
- Academic Advising after the First-Year
- Sophomore Activities and Events
Sophomore Jump Links:
- Degree Programs
- Academic Support Services
- Career Planning & Development
- Center for Student Leadership and Involvement (CSLI)
- Path to Academic and Career Excellence (PACE)
Academic Advising Center
janesk [at] oldwestbury.edu