The Student Health Center provides outpatient primary care in a confidential setting. Chaperones will be present for all sensitive exams (see Chaperone Policy).
The Center is designed to provide continuous management of both long-term and short-term medical issues, as well as preventive medical care.
- Physical examinations needed for: internships, student teaching and job or volunteer positions
- Triage and consultations are provided in a confidential and supportive environment
- Limited laboratory tests
- Confidential HIV testing and counseling
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Chiropractic service (compliments of NY Chiropractic College)
- Private lactation room available
GYN Wellness Program Includes:
- History and medical evaluation
- Physical including breast and pelvic exam
- PAP smear (over 21 years of age)
- Health Education and Counseling
- Hemoglobin, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) testing, and routine urinalysis
These services are free of charge unless a PAP smear is needed which adds a $25.00 charge.
A GYN Pre-appointment is required prior to GYN Wellness Exam
- Wednesdays: 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- Thursdays: 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- Fridays: 9:30am - 3:30pm
The Center promotes wellness through education, disease prevention, treatment and maintenance of healthy lifestyle practices. Health education focuses on issues related to nutrition, physical activity, sexual health, wellness, stress management, mental health, and drug, alcohol and tobacco issues.Enhancing and maintaining wellness is a vital part of success for your goals at Old Westbury and for the rest of your life.