The Student Health Center provides outpatient primary care in a confidential setting. Ethical standards of practice established by the American Medical Association and American Nurses Association govern staffs’ actions and behaviors. Supporting these standards of practice, chaperones will be present for all sensitive exams (see Chaperone Policy).
The Center is designed to provide continuous management of both long-term and short-term medical issues, as well as preventive medical care.
- Triage and consultations provided in a confidential and supportive environment
- Physical examinations needed for: internships, student teaching, employment or volunteer positions, and travel
- Limited laboratory testing
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) screening, testing and treatment
- Confidential HIV testing and counseling
- Private lactation room and baby changing station available
- Chiropractic care compliments of Northeast College of Health Sciences. Please call (516) 796-4800 to schedule an appointment.
Sexual and Reproductive Health Services:
- History and medical evaluation
- Comprehensive sexual and reproductive physical for all genders
- Birth Control prescriptions
- PAP smear (over 21 years of age requires a $25.00 fee)
- Health education and counseling
- Hemoglobin and routine urinalysis
A Pre-screening appointment is required prior to a Sexual and Reproductive Exam – please call (516) 876-3250 to schedule an appointment