Priority is given to those applicants who submit all documents by the following deadlines.
- Mental Health Counseling application will close as of June 1, 2020 for the Fall 2020 semester.
- For most graduate programs entry for Fall admission is June 15th.
- For most graduate programs with a Spring program entry, the deadline is November 15th.
Completed applications received after the deadline will be processed on a space available basis.
NOTE: Due to state regulations concerning online education, students can only enroll in Old Westbury’s online M.S. in Accounting program if they reside in New York, Colorado, Hawaii, Indiana, Michigan, Montana, South Dakota, Virginia, or Wisconsin. For more information about the M.S. in Accounting Online program, please visit the M.S. in Accounting page.
Applications for the following program are accepted only for fall semester entry:
- Mental Health Counseling (M.S.)
- Childhood Special Education, (M.S.)
- Literacy Education (M.S.)
- Students with Disabilities (1-6) (M.S)
Contact the Graduate Admission Office at 516-876-3200, if you have any questions about the application process.
Online Application (Never attended SUNY Old Westbury)
Click on First time user account creation link if you are a first time user who have never attended SUNY Old Westbury. (See image below)
This application can be saved and filled out in stages. Upon completion of the online form a confirmation page will appear with instructions for submitting your signature and application payment. A $50 application fee must be submitted on-line to complete the admission process. Please note that this fee is non-refundable. The remaining portions of the application (reference letters, transcripts and test scores) should be mailed directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions at the following address:
SUNY Old Westbury
Attn: Graduate Admissions Processing
Albany, New York 12204-2755
Online Application (Those who have attended SUNY Old Westbury)
- Visit connect.oldwestbury.edu
- Sign in using your oldwestbury email and password (Trouble logging in? Student Login Help)
- Click Banner SSB link in the top right corner > Student Services tab > Admissions
- Choose application type and continue
International graduate applicants should visit International Admissions.
If you have questions during the application process, please contact the Graduate Admissions team either by phone at 516-876-3200 or via email to enroll [at] oldwestbury.edu.
SUNY Old Westbury does not ask or consider your response to a criminal history question in the admissions decision process. However, please be aware that if you seek access to student housing, study abroad or internship opportunities, or professional licensure, you will be asked to provide this information at that time.