Requesting Virtual Accommodations for Spring 2021
How do I get my disability documentation to the OSSD?
All documentation to support your Accommodations Request MUST be emailed to Stacey DeFelice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recent high school grads may send or have their school district send the most recent IEP/neuropsychological evaluation to the above email.
- Transfer students who received accommodations at their previous college may send or have the college send their most recent accommodation letter to the above email.
- Students who are requesting accommodations but never received accommodations in grade school or college before may provide documentation from a licensed professional as outlined in Documentation Specifications which can be found under Forms & Policies.
Upon receipt of your documentation, Stacey DeFelice will contact you via your Old Westbury email to schedule an accommodations meeting with you.
How do I let my professors know what my accommodations are?
Once you have had a virtual appointment with Stacey DeFelice, you will receive an email confirming your approved accommodations. Once they are approved, your accommodations letter can be accessed through a link provided in the email. You should then email the letter to your professors to make them aware of your approved accommodations.
How do I schedule a test with an extended time accommodation?
It is good practice to email your professor 1-2 days before the scheduled exam to let them know you want to use your extended time accommodation for that particular exam.
How do I schedule a reader or scribe for an exam?
Email our accommodations coordinator Natalie Caesar three days before the exam to schedule a reader or scribe. The reader or scribe will work with you virtually via Microsoft Teams.
What if I have an accommodation issue during a class or exam?
If your professor is unable to remedy your access issue during a class or exam, contact a member of the OSSD staff on Microsoft Teams, where one of us will be available to discuss the issue.
How do I get in touch with a member of the OSSD staff?
- Director: Stacey DeFeliceemail@example.com or call or chat with me on Microsoft Teams: Search Stacey DeFelice
- Accommodations Coordinator: Natalie Caesarfirstname.lastname@example.org or call or chat with me on Microsoft Teams: Search Natalie Caesar
- Secretary: Malini Kumaremail@example.com or call or chat with me on Microsoft Teams: Search Malini Kumar