EOP students are required to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Information from FAFSA will be submitted to New York State to calculate how much each student will be eligible for from the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). However, students must complete a TAP application after submission of the FAFSA. In order to receive a financial aid package each year of attendance at Old Westbury, students will need to complete the above, along with other institutional forms.
Students enrolled in EOP may receive both state (TAP, SUNYTC & EOP GRANT) and federal (PELL, SEOG & DIRECT LOANS) financial aid. Financial Aid is available for EOP students for up to five years of full –time study and is contingent upon state funding.
Important Financial Aid Notifications, Dates & Deadlines:
- To receive financial aid, a student, including an “undecided major”, must be in a program of study.
- The Federal Student Aid (FSA ID) has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN number for students, parents and borrowers to access Federal Aid systems.
- The deadline to submit financial aid documentation for the Fall semester is May 1. Failure to submit by the due date can result in delayed financial aid processing and your aid may not be reflected on your bill.
- Annually, the FAFSA is opened for filing on October 1. The preferred deadline to file your FAFSA is April 15. FAFSA’s filed after that date may lead to delayed financial aid processing..
- FAFSA Federal Code for Old Westbury: 007109
- TAP Code for Old Westbury 0965
- If you select Old Westbury on FAFSA & TAP you may see estimated awards on your Portal
EOP students Financial Aid Coordinator is located in the Campus Center, Room K-110
EOP Financial Aid Coordinator Walk-in Hours
- Monday - 10:00 am to 12:00pm and 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Tuesday - 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Thursday- 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Campus Center, Room K-110
Phone (516) 876-3068
martineze [at] oldwestbury.edu