- Post 9/11 Bill (Chapter 33): Once you receive the Certificate of Eligibility in the mail, bring it to a Certifying Officer in the Office of the Registrar. Payment of tuition and fees are mailed directly to the college. The Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) and book stipend are sent directly to you from the Department of Veteran Affairs. Apply for your Chapter 33 benefits.
- Survivors & Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35): Eligible spouses and children of veterans who have died or are partially or totally disabled through the service may complete a VA form #5490 and bring to a Certifying Officer in the Office of the Registrar. Apply for your Chapter 35 benefits.
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31): Contact a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor. Learn more about Chapter 31 benefits.
- Reservists/National Guard (Chapter 1606): Obtain from your unit a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) and bring it to a Certifying Officer in the Office of the Registrar.
- Select Reserve
- Active Duty
- Additional Benefits for Reservists:
- The Army National Guard (ARNG) Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) Program can be used to pay for undergraduate, graduate and certification/licensure courses. The course or program must be taken at a regionally or nationally accredited public or private college, university, vocational, technical or trade school. Learn more about FTA Program.
- Recruitment Incentive and Retention Program (RIRP) is a New York State program designed to recruit and retain members for the State Military Forces (Army and Air National Guard, and Naval Militia). This competitive program will pay the cost of tuition up to SUNY tuition rates per semester.Learn more about the Naval Militia RIRP Learn more about the NY National Guard RIRP
VA Contact Information
Veterans Benefits Administration Education and Training Call Center: 1-888 442 4551