All SUNY Old Westbury community members should be aware that vehicles used on campus must be registered. If a student, staff or faculty member utilizes a second or third vehicle, all vehicles must have their own registration.  One way the University Police Department will enforce parking regulations is by scanning your registered license plate. They will issue parking tickets for vehicles without the appropriate registration.  There is no parking on the residence hall roadways or in handicapped spaces identified on any roadway in the vicinity of each residence hall. All parking regardless of lots must be in designated parking spaces and out of stall parking will be ticketed.

A complete version of the College's Campus Motor Vehicle Regulations can be found here:


Parking Permits

Parking Permits are required for all semesters. 

To order your parking permit, login to the ConnectOW Portal

  • For students: Choose the "Finances" icon and then use the "Order Parking Permit" icon
  • For faculty: Choose "Faculty Tools" and then use the "Order Parking Permit" icon
  • For staff: Use the "Order Parking Permit" icon

Follow instructions, complete the form, and check your email for your order confirmation.

If you have a question refer to "Frequently Asked Questions about Parking Permits" or call the Division of Business & Finance at 516-876-3191.

Parking for People with Disabilities

Community members requiring accessible parking spaces must have an appropriate plate on the vehicle, a county-issued sticker hanging from the front mirror, or a temporary accessible pass issued by the University Police Department. These temporary passes are issued for short periods of time and a doctor's note identifying the temporary disability must be brought to Student Health Services.  

Visitor Parking

All visitors to campus should report first to the University Police Department to obtain a visitor parking pass. Vehicles without such a pass are at risk of citation.

Parking Citation Appeals

Requests for appeals regarding citations can be made to the College Traffic Safety Appeal Officer by selecting the "2021 Parking Appeal Form" link, completing the form, and returning it to University Police Headquarters within seven days of issued citation.