Transfer Orientation Checklist

Before you attend any part of the Transfer Orientation Program, be sure you have: 

  • Registered for the REQUIRED Transfer Orientation and Registration Program.  For additional information on this process, visit our FAQ’s page. You will only be able to register for your classes by attending Transfer Orientation.
  • Submitted your Immunization Form, completed by a health care provider, and sent it to the Student Health Center.  This will need to be submited and accepted by Student Health before you can register for classes. Call Student Health Center with questions at 516-876-3250. 
    • Submit by mail:   Student Health Center, SUNY Old Westbury , PO Box 210, Old Westbury, NY 11568 
    • Submit by fax: 516-876-3142
    • Submit by email:
  • Financial Aid - If you have applied for financial aid (this includes Direct Student Loans), you must check to make sure that your status is complete. Call 516-876-3222. You can also e-mail the Office of Financial Aid at 
  • Bursar – Check your portal for the deadline posting!!! If you do not make your payment by the deadline, you risk having your courses and, if you choose to reside on campus, your housing dropped. You will not receive a paper bill.  To access and pay your account, go to the ConnectOW Portal. If you have difficulty logging on, call 516-876-2740 or  516-876-2741.
    • Your user name is the initial/name/# portion of your Old Westbury e-mail, which was included in your admission letter and admissions e-mail.
    • Your initial password is your birthdate (mmddyy).
    • You will need your Student ID (700# - also found in your admission letter) to access your account.
  • On-Campus Housing. If you are requesting housing on campus, send a $50 Housing Deposit (made out to SUNY Old Westbury) to the Office of the Bursar and complete the Application for On-Campus Housing (included in your Admissions Acceptance Packet). Our residence halls fill up quickly, so send this deposit in as soon as you decide to enroll.
    Please contact Residential Life at with questions about on-campus housing.
  • Transcripts. Prior to attending Transfer Orientation, submit your official transcript of all previous institutions attended and proof of high school graduation. Proof of high school graduation is required, regardless of obtaining an Associate's Degree!  Please select the PDF option to make articulation as quick as possible for you!