Youngjoo Kim Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Chemistry and Physics
- Natural Sciences Building S-235
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (516) 876-2744
Dr. Youngjoo Kim's laboratory focuses on mechanistic studies on enzymes that are important therapeutic targets in various human cancers. EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor) is either overexpressed or mutated in various human cancers and therefore an important therapeutic target. We are interested in inactivation mechanism of EGFR by different families of protein tyrosine phosphatases PTPN1, RPTPK, and DUSP3. We use a variety of biochemical techniques to answer questions on EGFR inactivation. Students working in the laboratory will gain experience in molecular biology, recombinant protein over-expression, protein purification and enzyme assays. Biochemical techniques employed in the laboratory include chromatography, enzyme assays using UV-Vis spectrophotometer and mass spectrometer.
- Wu K, Wu H, Lyu W, Kim Y, Furdui CM, Anderson KS, Koleske AJ. "Platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta activates Abl2 via direct binding and phosphorylation" J Biol Chem 2021 Jul;297(1):100883.
- Yang M, Wu H, Chu J, Gabriel LA, Kim Y, Anderson KS, Furdui CM, Bierbach U. "Platination of cysteine by an epidermal growth factor receptor kinase-targeted hybrid agent" Chem Commun (Camb) 2018 Jul 11;54(54):7479-7482.
- Kim Y, Apetri M, Luo B, Settleman JE, Anderson KS. “Differential Effects of Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors on Normal and Oncogenic EGFR Signaling and Downstream Effectors.” Mol Cancer Res. 2015 Apr;13(4):765-74.
- Kim Y, Li Z, Apetri M, Luo B, Settleman JE, Anderson KS. “Temporal resolution of autophosphorylation for normal and oncogenic forms of EGFR and differential effects of gefitinib.” Biochemistry. 2012 Jun 26;51(25):5212-22.
- Mulloy R, Ferrand A, Kim Y, Sordella R, Bell DW, Haber DA, Anderson KS, Settleman J. “Epidermal growth factor receptor mutants from human lung cancers exhibit enhanced catalytic activity and increased sensitivity to gefitinib.” Cancer Res. 2007 Mar 1;67(5):2325-30.
- Kim Y, Rice AE, Denu JM. “Intramolecular dephosphorylation of ERK by MKP3.” Biochemistry. 2003 Dec 30;42(51):15197-207.
- Eyner Fuentes
- Brandon Imhof
- Anna Andoos
- Austin Young
- Melody Young
- Ishmael Moya
- Marcela Gomez
- Cyrus Jo
- Mohammad Khan
- Kywanna Alfred
- Oznur Ziam