Arrange a Virtual Appointment
High school curriculum
Admission as a first-year student is based on our seeing the evidence of a rigorous high school curriculum, with Regents classes, Honors classes and Advanced Placement courses strongly preferred. We seek students with an 80 high school average or above. Your high school curriculum should include:
- 4 years of English
- 4 years of Social Studies
- 3 years of Mathematics (a 4th year is highly recommended)
- 3 years of Science (2 Lab)
- 1 year of a language other than English
Students that do not meet admission requirements may appeal the admission decision by contacting the Office of Enrollment Services in writing (email@example.com). More detailed information can be found in the in the Application Process section of the College’s catalog.
Standardized test scores (SAT/ACT)
SUNY Old Westbury is now test optional and will not require submission of SAT or ACT scores from students applying for undergraduate admission* during the Fall 2021, Spring 2022, Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters. While we will consider scores if submitted, SAT/ACT results are not required. If you would like your test scores considered in the review process, please request your official scores to be sent to SUNY Old Westbury from your high school or testing agency.
Old Westbury SAT Code: 2866
Old Westbury ACT Code: 2939
*SAT/ACT scores are required for admission to the Biological Sciences & Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, B.S./D.O.
How to Apply
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The recommended application dates for first-year students are:
- March 15th for Fall entry
- October 15th for Spring entry
Applications received after these dates will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. To ensure a timely review of your application, it is best to act early. Applications and materials received after these dates may require additional time for a review to be completed.
submit your application
- Transcripts: First-year students must submit a high school transcript.
- Standardized Tests: Official results from the ACT or SAT I examinations are optional. It is recommended that you have scores sent directly from the testing agency (Old Westbury SAT Code: 2866; Old Westbury ACT Code: 2939).
- Supplemental Essay: Complete and submit Old Westbury’s required Supplementary Essay.
- Letter of Recommendation: At least one letter of recommendation from a school counselor or teacher is required.
Mail all Required Materials to:
SUNY Old Westbury
Albany, NY 12204
Checking your status
Visit your Status Page to check on the status of your application.
Follow that # on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and more.
NYS Excelsior Scholarship
The Excelsior Scholarship is open to New York State Residents and can lead to tuition-free attendance at SUNY Old Westbury.