The Tutoring Center is a component of SUNY Old Westbury’s academic support services and student success initiatives. The Tutoring Center provides high quality, no cost peer tutoring to Old Westbury students for many courses offered by School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and School of Education. Students can receive assistance through one-on-one tutoring, mentoring, group study sessions, handouts or workshops. All peer tutors are required to participate in a minimum of 10 hours of training.
Tutoring Center Goals
- To encourage and assist learning for students of all skills and backgrounds.
- To continue to develop student’s study skills, critical thinking and problem solving abilities beyond the tutoring sessions.
- To offer opportunities to student to become peer tutors, gain teaching experience and deepen their own learning.
Fall 2021 Tutoring
Instructions for MS Teams
- Desktop: To download MS teams to your desktop, go to portal.office.com. Then, log-in using your Old Westbury username and password. Once you’re in the office portal, click on the Team’s icon. Watch this video to learn more about how to maneuver through MS Teams using your desktop.
- Smartphone: To download MS Teams to your iOS or android, go to your app store and search MS Teams. Click and download the app. Open app and log-in with your Old Westbury username and password. Watch this video for more information on navigating MS Teams using your smartphone.
Resources for Students
Resources for Faculty