The Tutoring Center is a component of SUNY Old Westbury’s academic support services and student success initiatives. The Tutoring Center provides high quality, no cost peer tutoring to Old Westbury students for many courses offered by School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and School of Education. Students can receive assistance through one-on-one tutoring, mentoring, group study sessions, handouts or workshops. All peer tutors are required to participate in a minimum of 10 hours of training.
Tutoring Center Goals
- To encourage and assist learning for students of all skills and backgrounds.
- To continue to develop student’s study skills, critical thinking and problem solving abilities beyond the tutoring sessions.
- To offer opportunities to student to become peer tutors, gain teaching experience and deepen their own learning.
Tutoring Center Course Schedule
Tutoring Center FAQs
- Tutoring is available both in person in the Tutoring Center, Campus Center H201, and online via MS Teams and Zoom
- We are open Monday-Thursday - hours vary based upon tutor schedules and availability
- Tutoring is available both in person and online via appointments and walk in on a first come first serve basis
- To schedule an appointment or for questions on how to get set up with a virtual tutoring session, email the Tutoring Center Coordinator, Marisa Glaser email@example.com
Tutoring Center Coordinator