The School of Professional Studies offers 14 non-credit courses in partnership with the Center for Legal Studies (CLS). The CLS is a legal education company that was established in 1980 with the mission of providing students with affordable and effective legal education. Its noncredit programs and courses are available Online and in some cases in DVD and Text-Only formats.
Upon satisfactory completion of a course, students are awarded a Certificate of Completion from Old Westbury. The courses themselves are taught and administered by the CLS, so that all registration and billing are done through it and are subject to its rules and regulations.
The courses of study include:
- Paralegal Certificate Course
- Advanced Paralegal Certificate Course
- Advanced Legal Research and Writing
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property Law for Engineers
- Law School Preparation
- Legal Investigation
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Legal Secretary
- Personal Injury for Paralegals
- Software Essentials for the Law Office
- Victim Advocacy
For more information and to register, proceed to the Center for Legal Studies website.