The Micro-Credential in Business Taxation is designed for individuals that are in, or are aspiring to be in, the field of taxation. This is a graduate level program of study.
It consists of three courses: one giving an overview and grounding in the basics of business taxation, the second dealing with the taxation of pass-through entities, and the third covering corporate liquidations and reorganizations. Students successfully completing the requirements for the Micro-Credential in Business Taxation will have a solid education in business taxation and will be prepared to work in the tax department of public accounting firms or other business organizations.
Students are required to take 9 credits by completing all three of the following courses with a grade of B or higher. (Note: Those individuals with an undergraduate degree in a discipline other than accounting may undertake the credential upon completion of specified prerequisites prior to beginning the Micro-Credential program.)
- BU7570 Tax for Corporate Managers 3 cr.
- BU7572 Taxation of S Corps, Partnerships, and LLCs 3 cr.
- BU7575 Taxation of Reorganizations & Liquidations 3 cr.
Skills and Competencies to be Gained
Students who complete these courses at the required level will:
- Demonstrate a broad and in-depth knowledge of business taxation principles, theories, and practice. This knowledge should enable students to develop solutions to complex issues utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Be prepared to become socially responsible business leaders able to recognize ethical dilemmas and achieve resolutions in a socially and professionally responsible manner.
- Understand the role of taxation in business and society.
- Be able to communicate learned skills and competencies effectively.