The minor in Mathematics is available for those students who want their formal college records to emphasize a serious amount of upper-division work in mathematics.
- The mathematics minor requires a minimum of six courses and 24 credits.
- A minimum of 16 credits must be taken outside the student’s major requirement.
- Up to two courses may be transferred from other institutions.
- Completion of the Mathematics minor requires a grade of C or higher in all required courses for the minor.
Students must complete 24 credits as follows:
A. Required Mathematics Courses: All of the following four courses (16 credits)
- MA2310 Calculus & Analytic Geometry I 4cr
- MA2320 Calculus & Analytic Geometry II 4cr
- MA3030 Discrete Mathematics 4cr
- MA3160 Linear Algebra 4cr
B. Required Elective Courses: Two courses from the following (8 credits)
- MA3210 Intro. to Probability & Statistics 4cr
- MA3330 Calculus and Analytic Geometry III 4cr
- MA3520 Transition to Advanced Mathematics 4cr
- MA4100 Number Theory 4cr
- MA4510Geometry 4cr
- Any 4000 or 5000 level Mathematics Course 4cr