Admission to the Old Westbury Master of Science program in Forensic Accounting is very selective and follows guidelines established by AACSB International, the leading accrediting body in the discipline. Applicants must exhibit a proven record in prior undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science or BBA degree. Those with degrees in areas other than Accounting or its equivalent may have to complete additional undergraduate prerequisites.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (admission is based on a review of the combination of cumulative undergraduate Grade Point Average and GMAT score)
- An official GMAT Examination score taken within the last 5 years (see GMAT waivers below)
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- An essay about the applicant’s career goals and a self-assessment of their strengths
Beginning in 2018-19, students will apply to enter the program each fall, with only a small number of qualified students (based on completed prerequisites) admitted each spring.
GMAT Waivers are only granted in the following circumstances:
- Have passed all four parts of the CPA examination at time of application.
- Are a Licensed attorney (admitted to the Bar).
- Awarded an MBA or master’s degree in a business related degree.
- Are a Chartered Financial Analyst holding a bachelor’s degree.
- Have an undergraduate degree in Accounting or an undergraduate degree in Business with at least 24 credits in accounting (including auditing) and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 overall and in accounting courses (GPA to be considered will be cumulative for all undergraduate institutions attended.
Direct questions regarding the Graduate Admissions Process to:A
Dr. Shalei Simms
Director, Graduate Programs
School of Business
Applications will be reviewed as a student's application file is completed. Students will be admitted on a rolling basis with classes filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tuition & Fees
Graduate program tuition* at SUNY Old Westbury is:
- $462 per credit for New York State residents
- $944 per credit for Out-of-State students
*Tuition is subject to change at the discretion of the SUNY Board of Trustees
Visit the College Tuition and Fees section of the SUNY Old Westbury website for complete information on costs for this and other programs.