Admittance into the program is for the fall semester only.
Admissions requirements include:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent, during the highest earned degree
- Appropriate background in mathematics and programming, including coursework in:
- Linear Algebra
- Probability and Statistics, and
NOTE: Old Westbury courses MA 2320; MA 3160; MA 3210; and CS 2521 or their equivalents fulfill these requirements.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Official score on the GRE is recommended but not required
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from an academic source)
- An essay about the applicant’s career goals and a self-assessment of their strengths
NOTE: International students must present additional testing and documentation as part of our International Admissions Requirements, including TOEFL requirements, IELTS exam results, and document evaluations by ECE or WES.