The combined B.S/M.S. in Taxation offers a directed approach to students who wish to obtain a CPA license. Students in the program are required to take six fewer credits than those students who independently obtain the degrees, yet they receive all of the educational and professional benefits of obtaining the B.S. and M.S. degrees.
Students enrolled in the programs have the advantage of being notified of acceptance into the graduate portion of the program prior to their senior year. In addition, students applying for admission into the combined B.S. /M.S. program who attain the required undergraduate GPA do not need to take the GMAT exam to be admitted to the graduate school.
The combined B.S/M.S. in Taxation has been registered with the State of New York and will fully satisfy the education requirements needed to obtain a New York State CPA license.
Requirements: 150 Credits (Minimum)
a. liberal education curriculum
All students are required to complete the College's Liberal Education curriculum.
B. Courses in Accounting and Business (62 credits)
Accounting Courses Required: 32 credits
- BU3502 Principles of Accounting I - 3cr.
- BU3511 Principles of Accounting II - 3cr.
- BU4500 Intermediate Accounting I - 4cr
- BU4510 Intermediate Accounting II - 4cr
- BU4570 Federal Income Tax I - 4cr
- BU4590 Cost Accounting - 4cr
- BU5505 Essentials Government Non/Profit - 2cr.
- BU 5525 International Accounting - 2cr.
- BU5540 Advanced Financial Accounting - 3cr
- BU5550 Auditing for Public Accounting - 3cr
Business Courses Required: 30 credits
- BU3600 Principles of Business Law - 2cr.
- BU3605 Intermediate Business Law - 2cr.
- BU3610 Advanced Business Law - 2cr.
- BU3800 Marketing Principles - 4cr
- BU4110 Organizational Behavior & Management - 4cr (meets the liberal education requirement)
- BU4762 Financial Management - 4cr
- BU5115 Operations Management - 4cr
- BU5190 Business Strategy & Policy - 4cr
- MA2000 Applied Statistics - 4cr
C. Liberal Arts Courses Required (18credits)
- PE2420 Principles of Microeconomics - 4 cr. (meets liberal education requirement)
- PE2430 Principles of Macroeconomics- 4 cr.
- BU3071 Information Technology and Applications - 4cr.
- BU3905 Business Communication - 2cr.
- MA2300 Calculus for Business & Economics - 4 cr. (meets liberal education requirement)
D. Graduate Courses in Accounting (30 credits)
Complete each three-credit course
- BU7570 Tax for Corporate Taxation
- BU7571 Tax Ethics, Practices & Procedures
- BU7572 Tax of S Corps, Partnerships & LLC
- BU7574 Estate & Gift Taxation
- BU7575 Taxation of Reorganizations & Liquidations
- BU7579 Tax & Accounting Research
- BU7xxx Taxation Electives (two courses)
- BU7xxx Accounting or Business Electives (two courses)