Skip to main content
- B.A. or B.S. in in English or English Language and Literature or a B.A. or B.S. degree in another discipline with at least 30 credits in English or English Language and Literature. A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on a scale of 4) or the equivalent.
- Submission of scores on the GRE (Graduate Record Examination).
- An undergraduate General Education program that includes English (6 credits) and a foreign language (6 credits or 3 years of foreign language at the high school level with a grade of C or better)
- Two letters of recommendation, one from an academic source.
- An admissions essay.
- International students must meet additional criteria, including the following: TOEFL scores: paper exam = 550; computer exam= 213; Internet exam= 80. Students taking the IELTS English (Cambridge) exam must pass with a broad band score of 6.5. Students must also have their overseas documents evaluated by ECE or WES.