To declare &/or change a major and/or minor, please follow instructions below:
- Log on to connect.oldwestbury.edu
- Select Student -->Registration--> locate Forms (see lower right corner)
- Click the Declaration of Major and/or Minor Form
- Upon completion of 42 credits (including transfer credit), undeclared majors will be prohibited from registering until officially declaring a major. Please note: The School of Business and School of Education and Psychology Department require separate admission.
- Self-declaring in a major housed in the School of Business, School of Education or Psychology, will not satisfy official declaration.
- Failure to officially declare a major before reaching junior status will result in the loss of state aid.
- With the exception of Psychology which requires separate admission, students who wish to declare a major in the School of Arts and Sciences may either note the major on the admissions application or submit the Declaration/Change of Major form found at connect.oldwestbury.edu.
- The School of Business, the School of Education and Psychology Department notify the Office of the Registrar of students accepted into their programs.
- Students who have not declared a major (“undecided”) are not eligible to receive federal financial aid.
- Declaration/Change of Majors must be submitted, approved and processed by the last day of the add/drop period. Declarations/Changes received after the deadline will be effective for the following Fall of Spring term. The deadlines may be found on the Important Dates section of this document.
For questions or concerns about the declaration change of major or minor process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to FERPA (security reasons), OW campus email is the official mode of communication for the college.