The best work in print journalism, new media, digital arts, radio, television and video of students of SUNY Old Westbury will be the focal point as the College hosts the 12th Annual MAC Awards on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 7 p.m.
The program recognizes excellence in student creativity, journalism and production and will take place in the John and Lillian Maguire Theater, located in the Campus Center at the College.
Nominations of student work have been received in the following categories:
- Digital Arts - graphic design, digital imaging, web design, 3D design, animation, video art
- Television and Video – on-air news packages, field reporting, creative video, personal portraits, location portraits, documentaries
- New Media – interactive media, multimedia, presentations, photo galleries/slideshows, blog/web portfolios
- Print Journalism – news reporting, features, reviews, opinion articles/columns
- Radio – news reporting, event promotions, station promotions, creative production, overall show
Judges for the program include professionals from each respective field of the competition. To review the 2019 nominees, visit the MAC Awards website at www.macawards.org.
The 2019 MAC Awards is organized by the College’s American Studies/Media & Communications Department and Visual Arts Department with support from the campus’ student media organizations.