Most aid programs are deducted from the bill as long as you have completed all of the steps that are required for us to pay the aid to your account. The aid programs listed on your award letter and via the Finances page of your ConnectOW Portal have an award status:
- Offered: You need to decide whether to accept, decline, or reduce the loan amount available to you. You will continue to receive e-mail reminders to campus mail account until you make a decision. Loan amounts that are offered are not deducted from the bill.
- Accepted: Accepted loan amounts are deducted from the bill as long as you have completed all of the steps that are required for us to pay the aid to your account (ex. Master Promissory Note, Entrance Counseling Session). Effective for 2014-2015 year accepted Pell will only be deducted from your bill as long as you have completed the verification process (if selected). Work-study is never deducted from the bill because it is paid via a bi-weekly paycheck.
- Estimated: The College has not received confirmation of the award amount from the funding source and it may change. Award amounts that are estimated are not deducted from the bill.
- Certified: The College has certified your alternative loan with the lender. Loan amounts that are certified are deducted from the bill.
- Confirmed: The College has confirmed the award amount with the funding source. Award amounts that are confirmed are generally deducted from the bill.