Advancing the post-service lives of veterans and their families by increasing veteran student support and opportunities while promoting access to higher education for veterans.
SUNY Old Westbury is proud to be home to the only Center of Excellence for Veteran Student Success (CEVSS) in New York State.
CEVSS seeks to:
- Foster a supportive environment for veteran students by connecting them with peers, faculty and staff.
- Provide veteran students with the tools and resources necessary to transition from military to civilian life.
How We Help
Provides a single point of contact to coordinate support services for veteran students, regardless of their branch or duration of service.
Supports veterans with admissions, registration, financial aid, veterans' benefits, academic advising, and career development
Facilitates support through disabilities services and physical, emotional and mental health counseling as well as all other services available to student.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Priority registration for all active duty, reserve members, veterans, and eligible family members
- Connection with campus community
- Direct the student to the Enrollment Verification Manager and Veteran Affairs Coordinator to better understand the GI Bill benefits
- Veteran specific academic guidance
- Tailored referrals to campus and community resources
CEVSS acts as a concierge of sorts for our student-veterans, helping them navigate their educational experience and prepare for their post-service careers and lives.
Federal Benefits Available to Veterans
N.Y.S. Benefits available to Veterans
Campus Benefits available to Veterans
Network of Support
Through the CEVSS, the College will seek to partner with veteran organizations to form a network of support while offering these organizations guidance and resources to promote access to higher education for veterans.