Applications are accepted only for the Fall semester for this graduate degree program.
All students applying for admission to the program are required to:
- Submit a Graduate Admissions Application and non-refundable application fee.
- Initial certification is NOT required, however; candidates with initial certification in early childhood education and/or childhood education may apply and should submit proof of initial certification.
- Provide evidence of the completion of either an undergraduate or graduate degree, which includes a minimum of 30 credits in liberal arts as required by New York State teacher certification requirements.
- Have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a scale of 4) or the equivalent, in the highest earned degree.
- Submit your GRE test results, or proof of an earned master's degree.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Prepare a 5 paragraph, constructed response to the following question: "Why are you interested in pursuing a career in special education?"
NOTE: International students must present additional testing and documentation as part of the College's International Admissions Requirements, including TOEFL requirements, IELTS exam results, and document evaluations by ECE or WES.