By The Numbers
- 4,911 students
- 4,635 undergraduates students
- 276 graduate students
- The most diverse student body in SUNY and among the most diverse in America:
- 32% Caucasian
- 27% African-American
- 25% Hispanic/Latino
- 12% Asian, Asian-American
- 5% Other/Unknown
- 7 Distinguished Teaching and Distinguished Service Professors
- 28,000 alumni living and working on Long Island, in New York and across the nation and world.
Our Classes and Offerings
- 22 = Average class size
- 45 undergraduate majors and degree offerings
- 19 graduate degree programs
- 4 Academic Schools (Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Professional Studies)
- 604-acre campus close to the best amenities of Long island just 22 miles from Manhattan
- 60+ student organizations
- 13 NCAA Division III athletics teams -- Panther Strong!
Awards & Acknowledgements
- U.S. President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll -- Nine times!
- 2nd among Regional Unversities- North in campus diversity according to U.S. News and World Report
- Recognized for “Highest Return on Investment” by AffordableCollegesOnline.org