- Applicants interested in graduate-level (masters and advanced certificate) programs in teaching and educational administration are no longer required to take the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) in New York State.
SUNY Old Westbury only accepts applications fall semester entry for this degree program. All students applying for admission to the program are required to:
- Submit a copy of New York State initial, professional or permanent teaching certification. (NOTE: Certifications from other states are considered and may be submitted).
- Provide evidence of the completion of either an undergraduate or graduate degree in Education, or related field.
- Have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a scale of 4) or the equivalent, in the highest earned degree. Submit transcripts from each college attended.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation, at least one from an academic source.
- Prepare an admission essay to answer the following question: “Why are you interested in pursuing a graduate degree in literacy education?”
NOTE: International students must present additional testing and documentation as part of the College's International Admissions Requirements, including TOEFL requirements, IELTS exam results, and document evaluations by ECE or WES.