- Sociology of Work
- Sociological Theory I & II
- Research Methods I & II
- Senior Seminar
- Intro to Sociology
- Ph.D. 2013. Sociology. Graduate Center, City University of New York
- M.A. 2009. European Culture and Economy. Ruhr University Bochum (Germany)
- B.A. 2007. Philosophy. New York University. summa cum laude.
- Labor and Labor Movements
- Social Class
- Political Economy
- Ikeler, Peter. 2016. HARD SELL: WORK AND RESISTANCE IN RETAIL CHAINS (ILR/Cornell University Press).
- Ikeler, Peter. 2021. “Labor Relations and the Overdose Crisis in the United States.” Addiction Research & Theory,
- Ikeler, Peter and Jillian Crocker. 2021. “The Continuity of Work: Class Consciousness in Service and Non-Service
Jobs.” Economic and Industrial Democracy, 42(3): 401-425.
- Ikeler, Peter and CalvinJohn Smiley. 2020. “The Racial Economics of Mass Incarceration: A Critique of Clegg and
Usmani.” Spectre Journal, 1(2): 78-99.
- Gasparri, Stefano, Peter Ikeler and Giovanna Fullin. 2019. “Trade Union Strategy in Fashion Retail in Italy and the
USA: Converging Divergence between Institutions and Mobilization?” European Journal of Industrial
Relations, 25(4): 345-361.
- Ikeler, Peter. 2019. “Precarity’s Prospect: Contingent Control and Union Renewal in the Retail Sector.” Critical
Sociology, 45(4–5): 501–516.
- Ikeler, Peter and Laura Limonic. 2018. “Middle Class Decline? The Growth of Professional-Managers in the
Neoliberal Era.” The Sociological Quarterly, 59(4): 549-570.
- Ikeler, Peter and Giovanna Fullin. 2018. “Training to Empower: A Decade of the Retail Action Project.” Journal of
Labor and Society, 21(2): 173-191.
- Ikeler, Peter. 2016. “Deskilling Emotional Labour: Evidence from Department Store Retail.” Work, Employment and
Society, 30(6): 966-983.
- Ikeler, Peter. 2014. “Infusing Craft Identity into a Noncraft Industry: The Retail Action Project.” Pp. 113-133 in
Milkman, Ruth and Ed Ott (eds), New Labor in New York: Precarious Workers and the Future of the Labor
Movement. Ithaca, NY: ILR/Cornell University Press.
- Monaghan, David and Peter Ikeler. 2014. “Global Centrality and Income Inequality in U.S. Metropolitan Areas: A
Test of Two Hypotheses.” Sociological Focus, 47(3): 174-193.
- Milkman, Ruth, Ana Luz Gonzalez, and Peter Ikeler. 2012. “Wage and Hour Violations in Low-Wage Work: A
Comparison of Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.” Industrial Relations Journal (UK), 43(5): 378-398.
- Ikeler, Peter. 2011. “Workers’ Power in the Global City? Lessons from Three New York Transit Strikes.” Labor Studies
Journal, 36(4): 460-482.
- Ikeler, Peter. 2011. “Organizing Retail: Ideas for Labor’s Ongoing Challenge.” Journal of Labor and Society, 14(3):