- Ed.D. in English Education, Hofstra University
- Social justice pedagogy, various aspects of teacher education including writing teacher education, critical literacy, positive psychology, queer theory, and “writing hope” development in secondary and postsecondary education.
- Sieben, N. (2018). Writing hope strategies for writing success in secondary schools: A strengths-
- based approach to teaching writing. Leiden, Netherlands: Brill | Sense Publishers.
- Sieben, N. (2019). Building writing hope through the process of ‘nexting.’ Voices from the Middle, 26(4), 56-63.
- Sieben, N. (2019). Traveling toward hope in the ELA classroom. English Journal, 108(5), 95-97.
- Sieben, N. (2018). Supporting strong and struggling writers across a spectrum of strengths. English Leadership Quarterly, 41(2), 2-6.
- Sieben, N. (2018). Advocating for the affective: Writing hope into school spaces. Language Arts Journal of Michigan, 33(2), 20-27.
- Sieben, N. (2017). Building hopeful secondary school writers through effective feedback strategies. English Journal, 106(6), 48-53.
- Sieben, N. (2016). Teaching writing hope for a just writing society. The English Record, 67 (1), 99-121.