5/8 (MON) @10AM:
- 24 Hour Quiet Begins.
- Any students found violating this policy will be automatically removed from the halls for the duration of Finals Week.
- Large trash dumpsters will be available (Mon, May 8)
5/11 (THURS) TO 5/19 (FRI):
- Students can begin checkout of the hall. Please refer to HOW TO CHECK OUT OF YOUR ROOM for more instructions.
5/13 (SAT) TO 5/19 (FRI):
- Finals Week
5/19 (FRI) @ 4PM:
- Graduating Seniors MUST be on the APPROVED Grad List from the REGISTRAR OFFICE to qualify for late checkout
- Summer School residents must provide “Approved for Room and Board Stamps” from BURSAR OFFICE to ORL
5/19 (FRI) @ 10PM:
- All Residence Halls CLOSE for all undergraduate students. Any students without prior approval found in the hall after this time will be subject to financial charges and potential judicial sanctions.
5/20 (SAT) - 5/21 (SUN):
- Pre-approved residents check-in at summer building over the weekend
- Summer Session IV begins.
- Microfridge company will collect all appliances
PENDING DATE AND TIME TO GRADUATION
- MUST check out with your RA or RD More information will be sent to your Emails as details are finalized.
RAs will host closing floor meetings
- Student(s) must attend the meeting to receive the correct housing check out information. .
- Failure to attend or meet with the RA as needed, does not create an exception for any charges or assessments made.
Beginning Mon, May 8 @ 10AM, all residence halls will begin observing 24-Hour quiet hours for finals week.
REMINDER: Student MUST check out 24 hours after their last final. Any student found violating the student conduct policies including the noise policy will:
- Be immediately removed from the halls for the remainder of the semester. This will occur regardless if the student has any finals left.
- Have to commute or find their own housing for any remaining finals.
- Be judicially referred (at minimum) for violating quiet hour policy.
- Potentially lose their housing for the upcoming 2023-24 academic year.
HOW TO CHECK OUT OF YOUR ROOM/SUITE:
CHECK OUT PROCESS
Residential students can begin to check out of their rooms on Thurs, May 11th
- Student MUST check out 24 hours after their LAST FINAL and no later than Fri, May 19 by 10PM. This includes but is not limited to any off campus jobs, other engagements or internships. All exceptions must be pre-approved by RD.
- We encourage all residents to check out properly with an RA. RDs will do a final inspection after the building close for any common area damages/ issues which will be assessed as necessary to residents or the building
- Any student checkouts that occur AFTER 10PM WILL result in an improper charge.
- Improper charges (minimally starting at $110) are assessed to any residential student who
- Does not check out properly with a staff member and return both the room & mailbox key.
- Does not clean their room prior to leaving.
- Leaves any belongings in the room including clothing, carpets/ rugs/ trash etc.
FYI: Summer school/ conferences begin Mon, May 22. So we CANNOT ACCEPT any keys if they are mailed back to the college, slid under doors or left with roommates! Improper checkout charges will be assessed to student accounts.
CHECK OUT OPTIONS
OPTION 1: There will be schedules to facilitate checkouts at the RA Office. Students who sign up for a specific time MUST keep their scheduled time.
- Sign up for a checkout at the RA office/ RA Room.
- Check out 24 hours after their last final and no later than the times listed. This is including but not limited to any off campus jobs, other engagements or internships. No late stays will be permitted to stay past Fri, May 19 by 10PM
- Empty out their mailbox of all personal mail.
- Turn in ROOM KEY & MAILBOX KEY directly to a staff member prior to leaving the building
At this point an RA will double check your room and process your check out from the building. Remember to hand in your room and mailbox keys.
OPTION 2: (EXPRESS CHECKOUT) If you miss your scheduled time, students can fill out an EXPRESS CHECKOUT envelope. Envelopes MUST BE HANDED directly to a staff member. Envelopes slid under doors will result in a minimum improper checkout charge of $110. By using the Express Checkout option, any fines or damages found in the room during the RD walk through cannot be contested or appealed.
STUDENT CHECK OUT LIST
- Schedule a time for check out with the RA.
- Empty out your personal mailboxes before you check out. Please note: Only first class mail will be forwarded to the home address listed with the school.
- Take all the trash to the outside dumpsters. Any trash left in the rooms/ halls will result in a charge for the resident/ the floor.
- Remove all personal items from the rooms including personal fridge, clothing, food, cinder blocks, electronics, computers, books etc.
- All fridges must be defrosted. Please be sure to place a towel under the fridge and prop the fridge door as you defrost to avoid water damage issues to the floor and minimize the potential for mold/mildew in your fridge.
- Please Note: Microfridge pick ups will occur once students are out of the room. Fridges must be defrosted and cleaned.
- All perishable and unprotected foods must be taken to the dumpsters.
- Close & lock all room windows. Room blinds should be only 2/3 of the way open.
- Leave the heating/ cooling units on AUTO.
- Lock your room door before you leave.
- Remember to turn your keys into a staff member or the RA before you leave. DO NOT SLIDE UNDER ANY DOORS OR GIVE TO ROOMMATES.
As always, if you have questions about how to get rid of any personal items from the room, please speak to your RA or RD for more information.
non graduating students:
All Residence Halls will CLOSE on FRI, MAY 19 @ 10PM for all undergraduate students.
- Residents MUST check out of their rooms 24-hours after their LAST EXAM OR NO LATER THAN FRI, MAY 19 @ 10P. No exceptions will be provided
- Students who do not comply with these guidelines can potentially face additional charges to their student accounts.
You are required to TURN IN YOUR SUITE &/OR ROOM AND MAILBOX KEYS before leaving campus for the Spring 2023 semester. .
Graduating Seniors MUST be on the APPROVED Grad List from the REGISTRAR OFFICE to qualify for late stay
· MUST be on the Registrar graduation list by 5/19 (FRI) @ 4PM:
· MUST check out with your RA or RHD More information will be sent to your Emails as details are finalized.
· Students who are not approved cannot stay in the halls and must move out 24 hours after their last final and no later than 10pm on Fri, May 19
For more information, you can go to COMMENCEMENT 2023 WEBSITE
Meal Information Below
FALL 2023 Bills:
All students must clear their financial holds before the AUGUST 17, 2023 deadline to avoid having BOTH CLASSES & HOUSING dropped from your accounts. Failure to clear your accounts will also keep you from being able to move into the halls. Bursar Office #(516) 876-3168. Dates are subject to change. Residents are responsible to meet all financial requirements prior to entering the halls.
Requesting for a HOUSING CANCELLATION (not automatically gauranteed):
For non-graduating students who participated in Spring Room Selection, you must be PRE-APPROVED by the Office of Residential Life to have both meal and housing removed from Spring housing. Please note the conditions in the Residence Hall License Agreement which would pre-approve your release from your contract including:
- Transferring to another institution, or not attending school in Fall 2023.
- Email the Office of Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a “Residence Hall License Agreement Release Request" Form. Please make sure that you are including your name, 700# and cellphone if we need to contact you.
- We strongly encourage students to fill out the paperwork properly and provide ALL the necessary documentation. Submissions without any appropriate documentation will be automatically denied. Please note: THIS IS ONLY A REQUEST AND NOT A GUARANTEED CANCELLATION.