The Grounds Department is responsible for the overall appearance and maintenance of the campus roads and grounds.
The college comprises 604 acres of land with a mix of paved surfaces, concrete walkways, and both manicured lawns and natural meadows and forests. 328 acres of the campus are held as "forever wild" in accordance with New York State Law.
Our department’s goal is to enhance the college experience for the community by maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Maintain all horticultural materials such as turf, trees, evergreens, shrubs, vines, ground covers and flowering plants
- Watering trees, shrubs and flowerbeds
- Shrub pruning and tree trimming
- Collecting and disposal of leaves
- Maintenance of storm drains
- Maintenance of irrigation systems
- Maintenance of fire hydrants
- Install Special Event Signage
- Litter and debris control
- Snow and ice removal
- Commencement activities
The majority of Grounds Shop services are performed during the hours of 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Gregory J. Riveiro
Maintenance and Facilities
General Institutional Services
Service Building B