FAQ - Facilities Rentals

1. What types of facilities do you have?

On our beautiful 604-acre campus there is a variety of locations and unique settings which can be rented. Among these are:

  • Historical buildings – F. Ambrose Clark Estate Stable Complex and original Gate Houses
  • Roadways – long, winding, paved and wooded
  • Open, green meadows, walking and riding paths
  • Athletic fields – baseball (complete with lights), softball, soccer, lacrosse and outdoor basketball and tennis courts
  • A Gymnasium – with official sized basketball courts, spectator bleachers, and a spacious indoor swimming pool
  • Beautiful buildings - including a cylindrical student union and a campus center with a large atrium area
  • A 400-seat fully equipped theater and an impressive 300-seat recital hall
  • TV and radio stations 
  • Numerous other classrooms, offices, and gathering spaces

We have many other spectacular spaces not listed here. If you do not see your type of space listed here please visit our online photo gallery, contact us. We very well might have what you are looking for.

2. I am not affiliated with SUNY Old Westbury but want to hold an event there. What should I do?

First contact the Facilities Rentals group. We can discuss your requirements and can determine the space that best fits your needs.  Next, download a copy of our external event request form. Fill out the form and fax it to 516-876-4972. The information you provide about your event will be priced and reviewed by our Permit Committee.  Once approved, you will be notified and a deposit will be requested.  As soon as your deposit has been received, a permit will be prepared and readied for your signature.  When all the requirements of the permit are satisfied the next step is to hold and enjoy your event.

3. Can faculty, students and Old Westbury groups request use of campus facilities?

Yes.  If you are representing a student group, you will need to get a copy of the triplicate request form from the Dean of Students’ office located in the Student Union, Room 303. Once you complete the form, you will need to get the approvals of the following: Club/Organization Advisor; Director, Student Activities; and the Vice President, Student Affairs/Academic Affairs.  At this point the VP of Student Affairs will pass the form along to Facilities Rentals for final approval.

If you are a member of the Faculty and representing an Old Westbury group, you can download a copy of the internal request form. You will need to fill this out and get the approvals of your supervisor; your department head; and possibly the Vice President or Provost (depending on the size and type of event). When these approvals have been collected, send the form to Facilities Rentals for final approval.

4. How much does it cost to rent your facilities?

The cost varies with the particular space and services requested for your event. Our prices are very attractive and updated periodically by the University Permit Committee.  You should contact the Director of Facilities Rentals office for a preliminary estimate.

5. Where is Old Westbury located?

SUNYOld Westbury is located immediately North of the Long Island Expressway in the Village of Old Westbury, N.Y. Please use the main entrance to the campus, Gate A, which is located on the West side of Route 107 approximately one mile north of Jericho Turnpike.

For complete directions and maps, please visit the "Directions" page of this website. 

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the staff of the Facilities Rentals department.