Winter Classes at SUNY Old Westbury are a great way to speed up your time to degree.
Use Your Break…Don’t Take a Break! Attend courses at SUNY Old Westbury to get you on a path to a brighter future in a minimal amount of time and at the affordable price of SUNY tuition.
Registration for classes opens on October 19, 2020
January 4, 2021 – January 22, 2021
- Students who have attended SUNY Old Westbury within the last year or are currently attending may complete registration on the WEB at CONNECT.OLDWESTBURY.EDU beginning October 19, 2020 until January 5, 2021.
- Students who have never attended SUNY Old Westbury should submit a “quick admit” admissions form, which can be found at the SUNY Old Westbury web site (www.oldwestbury.edu) by clicking on “Academics,” then “Winter/Summer Courses.” Course registration will be processed after the admissions process is complete.
- Students who have attended SUNY Old Westbury but have stopped out for one or more years must complete a readmission form which may be found at (www.oldwestbury.edu) by clicking on “Admissions,” then “Readmission,” or this direct link: https://www.oldwestbury.edu/admissions/readmission
- The course schedule can be viewed on the college web site by clicking on “Academics,” “Winter/Summer Courses,” “COURSE OFFERINGS” (or https://www.oldwestbury.edu/academics/registrar/class-schedule). Then choose “Winter 2021” from the pull-down menu.
- Some courses may be cancelled due to low enrollment; therefore, early registration is encouraged to lessen the possibility of cancellation.
- For students registered by Dec. 10, payment in full must be made with a credit card or e-check through the College’s website at CONNECT.OLDWESTBURY.EDU on or before December 10, 2020.
- A late payment fee of $50 will be assessed if payment is not made by December 10, 2020.
- For students who register after Dec. 10, payment in full is due at the time of registration.
Tuition and Fees
- The total cost for each four-credit course is anticipated to be $1288.80 for New York State residents ($295.00 per credit plus the $1.70 /credit College Fee, the $10.00/credit Health Services Fee, and the $15.50/credit Technology Fee). Note, however, that there may be an additional $30.00 Transportation Fee.
- The total cost for each four credit course is anticipated to be $2940.80 for foreign and out-of New York State residents ($708.00 per credit plus the $1.70 /credit College Fee, the $10.00/credit Health Services Fee, the $15.50/credit Technology). Note, however, that there may be an additional $30.00 Transportation Fee.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
Add/Drop-Late Registration Procedures
You may add/drop or late register for classes on January 4, 2021 and on January 5, 2021 on the WEB at CONNECT.OLDWESTBURY.EDU . A $50 late fee is assessed for late registration on these two days. Payment is due the same day.
- After the end of the add/drop period, from January 6, 2021 up to January 15, 2021, you may withdraw from a course by completing an official electronic withdrawal form which may be found at CONNECT.OLDWESTBURY.EDU
- There is a $20 fee per course withdrawal.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL A WITHDRAWAL BE ISSUED AFTER JANUARY 15, 2021.
100% refund – January 4 - 5, 2021
35% refund – January 6 - 10, 2021
No refund after January 10, 2021
Credit/No Credit Option
Courses may be taken on a CR/NC basis by completing the application in CONNECT.OLDWESTBURY.EDU by January 8, 2021. No applications or changes will be accepted after this date.
All students who park on campus are required to register their vehicles.
Students can order a parking permit through the online Parking Permit System via CONNECT.OLDWESTBURY.EDU. The cost is $10.00 for the first vehicle and $5.00 for each additional vehicle.
Students who fail to register their vehicle/s will be subject to ticketing and may be subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
SUNY Old Westbury will offer predominantly distant methods of instruction in the Winter session:
- Distance Learning
- NET Courses: Traditional online courses with asynchronous instruction. These courses can be identified by the section code and description on your schedule.
- REMOTE Courses: Online courses offered with synchronous instruction scheduled in the same manner as a face-to-face course might be structured. Remote courses will be identified in the "Where" field of the course listing.
- Facilities-dependent courses
- Visits to campus for critical laboratory experiences, studio sessions, proctored exams, and similar high-value, high-contact activities. These courses will also feature a significant amount of synchronous or asynchronous distance instruction. These courses will include a room location on your schedule.
Winter 2021 Calendar
October 19, 2020 – Jan. 5, 2021 Registration on the WEB (CONNECT.OLDWESTBURY.EDU for continuing students; others see “Registration Instructions” above).
Dec. 10, 2020 Payment due date for students registered by Dec 10
Jan. 1 New Year’s Day – no classes; offices closed
Jan. 4, 2021 Winter 2021 session begins.
Jan. 4 and 5 Add/ drop and late registration; $50 late registration fee applies.
Jan. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Withdrawal with 35% refund; No refunds after Jan. 10
Jan. 8 Credit/ No Credit grade option deadline
Jan. 15 Last day to withdraw from courses
Jan. 18 Martin Luther King Day observed – no classes; offices closed
Jan. 22 Winter 2021 session ends.
For more information, contact the School of Professional Studies, hitterr [at] oldwestbury.edu or 516-876-3998.