Applications are accepted only for the Fall semester for this graduate degree program.
All students applying for admission to the program are required to:
- Submit a Graduate Admissions Application and non-refundable application fee.
- Provide proof of an initial certification in the same certificate title (SWD 1-6) and proof of the following New York State required workshops (SAVE, DASA, Child Abuse and Autism workshop)
- Have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a scale of 4) or the equivalent, in the highest earned degree.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation (at least one from an academic source).
- Submit an admissions essay: This essay should be a well-developed 2-page personal statement expressing your professional goals and reasons for pursuing the MS Special Education (Professional Degree) at SUNY Old Westbury.
- Submit your GRE test results, or proof of an earned master's degree.
NOTE International students must present additional testing and documentation as part of the College's International Admissions Requirements, including TOEFL requirements, IELTS exam results, and document evaluations by ECE or WES.
Tuition & Fees
Graduate program tuition* at SUNY Old Westbury is:
- $462 per credit for New York State residents
- $944 per credit for Out-of-State students
*Tuition is subject to change at the discretion of the SUNY Board of Trustees
Visit the College Tuition and Fees section of the SUNY Old Westbury website for complete information on costs for this and other programs.