Applications are accepted only for the Fall semester for this graduate degree program.
- Applicants interested in graduate-level (masters and advanced certificate) programs in teaching and educational administration are no longer required to take the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) in New York State.
All students applying for admission to the program are required to:
- Submit a Graduate Admissions Application and non-refundable application fee.
- Initial certification is NOT required, however; candidates with initial certification in early childhood education and/or childhood education may apply.
- Provide evidence of the completion of either an undergraduate or graduate degree, which includes a minimum of 30 credits in liberal arts as required by New York State teacher certification requirements.
- Have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a scale of 4) or the equivalent, in the highest earned degree.
- Submit proof of an earned master's degree.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Prepare an admission essay to answer the following question: "Why are you interested in pursuing a career in special education?"
NOTE: International students must present additional testing and documentation as part of the College's International Admissions Requirements, including TOEFL requirements, IELTS exam results, and document evaluations by ECE or WES.