Skip to main content
- B.A. in Spanish or a B.A./B.S. degree with at least 30 credits in Spanish starting at the intermediate level and an earned 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions required.
- Initial or provisional certification in Adolescence Education: Spanish.
- Submission of scores on Content Specialty Test (CST).
- ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI or OPIc) with minimum score of “Advanced Low.”
- Personal statement submitted through our web application.
- Two letters of recommendation, one from an academic source.
- International students must meet additional criteria, including the following: TOEFL scores: paper exam = 550; computer exam= 213; Internet exam= 80. Students taking the IELTS English (Cambridge) exams must pass with a broad band score of 6.5. Students must also have their overseas documents evaluated by AACRAO International or WES (World Education Services).