Attendance at new student orientation is required of all incoming first-time-to-college students. Attending new student orientation is your way of making sure you are ready to make a smooth start to your life as an Old Westbury student.
Due to COVID-19 and our anticipated mandates for re-opening our state, our summer New Student Orientation Program will be a half-day, live virtual program, capped at 100 students per session. In addition to our live sessions, students will be required to complete a Blackboard course that includes supplemental information. Details on how to register will be sent to the email that was on your admissions application beginning May 4. Registration for orientation can only occur if you have paid your tuition deposit. In order to pay your deposit, see the instructions below. All confirmation emails will ONLY be sent to your SUNY Old Westbury email address ONLY.
- Session 1 : June 23
- Session 2: July 6
- Session 3: July 9
- Session 4: July 15
- Session 5: August 5
- Session 6: August 11
How do I pay my housing deposit electronically?
- Click on the tab that says eDeposits
- Select term
- Select tuition deposit and or both room Deposit if you are planning living in housing and Continue.
What to Expect at Orientation
Here is what you can look forward to:
- You will register for classes.
- You will meet and get to know future classmates during the workshops, meals and social times.
- You will meet faculty and staff from the Office of First Year Experience.
- You will learn all about life at Old Westbury – what it is like to be student here.
- You will learn about living in the residence halls or being a commuter.
- You will learn about all the services and programs that will be available to you to support your academic progress.
- You will learn about services and programs that will make life easier and more enjoyable to you .
- You will learn about logistics of Financial Aid, the Bursar, your Old Westbury student account and how to access it via the ConnectOW Portal.
- You will get your student ID picture taken.
- We promise you that you will get a lot done, meet people and have fun in the process!
Get a head start!
While at Orientation, we will share with you our Financial Literacy at Old Westbury (FLOW) program! We strongly encourage and advise all new students to complete the FLOW course "College and Money," which we will discuss at Orientation. If you would like to get a head start, go to www.oldwestbury.edu/financial-