Attendance at new student orientation is required of all incoming first-time-to-college students. Attending new student orientation is your way of making sure you are ready to make a smooth start to your life as an Old Westbury student.
Summer 2019 Dates
During the summer new student orientation program, all students new to the college entering in Fall 2019 will be required to stay in a campus residence hall for two days and one night – whether you plan to be a commuter OR to live in the residence halls. You will have a roommate – someone new for you to get to know. Your session will begin with check-in to your residence hall at 7:30 a.m. on the first day and check-out of your residence hall at2:15 p.m. on the second day.
- Session 1: Thursday, June 20 – Friday, June 21 (Honor’s College required to attend this session)
- Session 2: Monday, July 8 – Tuesday, July 9 (EOP and CSTEP Required to attend this session)
- Session 3: Thursday, July 11 – Friday, July 12
- Session 4: Monday, July 29 – Tuesday, July 30
*Registration is required in order to attend all orientation sessions. Please note that you will receive confirmation of your attendance and session information via your Old Westbury email account. For additional information on the process, check out our FAQ’s page.
- Students: $170.00
- Parents/Guardians: $30 per person
Fees will be placed onto your account after you attend your session.
What to Expect at Orientation
Here is what you can look forward to:
- You will register for classes.
- You will meet and get to know future classmates during the workshops, meals and social times.
- You will meet faculty and staff from the Office of First Year Experience.
- You will learn all about life at Old Westbury – what it is like to be student here.
- You will learn about living in the residence halls or being a commuter.
- You will learn about all the services and programs that will be available to you to support your academic progress.
- You will learn about services and programs that will make life easier and more enjoyable to you .
- You will learn about logistics of Financial Aid, the Bursar, your Old Westbury student account and how to access it via the ConnectOW Portal.
- You will get your student ID picture taken.
- We promise you that you will get a lot done, meet people and have fun in the process!
Parents and guardians are also invited to attend the one-day Parent Orientation Program. This program will begin with check-in and Welcome at 8:30 a.m. on the first day of Summer Orientation and ends at approximately 4:15 p.m. The Parent Orientation program includes:
- An opportunity to meet staff who will be serving your student during their time at Old Westbury.
- An opportunity to learn how the various administrative processes at Old Westbury work: Course Registration and Advising, Residence Hall registration, Bursar Processes and Financial Aid processes.
- You will have the chance to meet faculty from the College.
- You will get a chance to learn about the Old Westbury campus and what this wonderful experience will be like for your student.
Get a head start!
While at Orientation, we will share with you our Financial Literacy at Old Westbury (FLOW) program! We strongly encourage and advise all new students to complete the FLOW course "College and Money," which we will discuss at Orientation. If you would like to get a head start, go to www.oldwestbury.edu/financial-