New Student Orientation
Attendance at new student orientation is required of all incoming first-time-to-college students. Attending new student orientation is your way of making sure you are ready to make a smooth start to your life as an Old Westbury student.
Summer Orientation (for Fall 2021 Start)
Due to COVID-19 our New Student Orientation Program is still in the planning phase. We expect to update our site AND contact our recently accepted students beginning in April! If you have any questions please feel free to email us: orientation [at] oldwestbury.edu
How do I pay my deposit electronically?
- Click on the tab that says eDeposits
- Select term
- Select tuition deposit and or both room Deposit if you are planning living in housing and Continue.
What to Expect at Orientation
Here is what you can look forward to:
- You will register for classes.
- You will meet and get to know future classmates during the workshops, meals and social times.
- You will meet faculty and staff from the Office of First Year Experience.
- You will learn all about life at Old Westbury – what it is like to be student here.
- You will learn about living in the residence halls or being a commuter.
- You will learn about all the services and programs that will be available to you to support your academic progress.
- You will learn about services and programs that will make life easier and more enjoyable to you .
- You will learn about logistics of Financial Aid, the Bursar, your Old Westbury student account and how to access it via the ConnectOW Portal.
- You will get your student ID picture taken.
- We promise you that you will get a lot done, meet people and have fun in the process!
Get a head start!
While at Orientation, we will share with you our Financial Literacy at Old Westbury (FLOW) program! We strongly encourage and advise all new students to complete the FLOW course "College and Money," which we will discuss at Orientation. If you would like to get a head start, go to www.oldwestbury.edu/financial-
Summer Orientation (for Fall 2021 Start)
Due to COVID-19 our Transfer Orientation Program is still in the planning phase. We expect to update our site AND contact our recently accepted students beginning in April! If you have any questions please feel free to email us: orientation [at] oldwestbury.edu
Transfer Orientation and Registration Checklist
Before you attend Transfer Orientation, use the following checklist:
- Register for the REQUIRED Transfer Orientation and Registration Program. For additional information on this process, visit our FAQ’s page. You will only be able to register for your classes by attending Transfer Orientation.
- Submit your Immunization Form, completed by a health care provider, and send it via email to studenthealth [at] oldwestbury.edu. This will need to be submitted and accepted before you can register for classes.
- Financial Aid - If you have applied for financial aid (this includes Direct Student Loans), you must check to make sure that your status is complete. Call 516-876-3222. You can also e-mail Financial Aid at financialaid [at] oldwestbury.edu
- Bursar – Check your portal for the deadline posting!!! If you do not make your payment by the deadline, you risk having your courses and, if you choose to reside on campus, your housing dropped. You will not receive a paper bill. To access and pay your account, go to the ConnectOW Portal. Your user name is the initial/name/# portion of your Old Westbury e-mail that was included in your admission letter and admissions e-mail. Your password, to start, is your birthdate (mmddyy). You will need your Student ID (700# - also found in your admission letter) to access your account. If you have difficulty logging on, call 516-876-2740 or x2741.
- On-Campus Housing - If you are requesting housing on campus, include an additional check for $50 (made out to SUNY Old Westbury and submitted to the Office of the Bursar) and complete the Application for On-Campus Housing (included in your Admissions Acceptance Packet). Our residence halls fill up quickly, so send this deposit in as soon as you decide to enroll. Please note that it is the student’s responsibility to clear their Bursar account. Outstanding Bursar accounts can result in the loss of your housing. Please contact Residential Life at reslife [at] oldwestbury.edu with any questions about on-campus housing.
- Transcripts – Prior to attending Transfer Orientation, submit your official transcript of all previous institutions attended and proof of high school graduation. Proof of high school graduation is required, regardless of obtaining an Associate's Degree! Please select the PDF option to make articulation as quick as possible for you!