What Is Your Next Big Idea?
Enter it into our new pitch competition to win a
$1,000 cash prize!
SUNY Long Island PitchFest is a joint business plan competition that offers an experiential learning opportunity for students to become competent in delivering their entrepreneurial pitches to a panel of judges and gain valuable experience and feedback on their business models. This competition is a collaborative effort between Stony Brook University, SUNY Old Westbury, and Farmingdale State College.
This Fall semester SUNY Long Island PitchFest will be a hybrid experience. You can submit your application and business proposal to your university representative in the first round. Thereafter our judges will review your video pitch submissions and select the finalist to compete and deliver a live pitch along with a live Q&A section with our judge’s panel.
Why Should I Enter Into SUNY Long Island PitchFest?
- Compete for the opportunity to win monetary prizes to fund your start-up competitions.
- You can receive guidance and mentorship from our mentors that have years of experience in their respective fields.
- The experience you can receive from entering into SUNY Long Island PitchFest can be buildable towards other pitch competitions like Wolfie Tank and the New York State Business Plan Competition.
- There will be opportunities to network and connect with industry leaders and entrepreneurs just like yourself.
Rules and Guidelines
*Please reach out to your university representative for a full list your our rules and guidelines
- Your business model must be majority student-managed to compete. If you are incorporated it must be majority student-owned.
- At least one team member must be currently enrolled in Stony Brook University, SUNY Old Westbury, or Farmingdale State College.
- In the second round, participants must submit a PDF of their slide deck along with a video of their presentation.
- Video submissions may not exceed 7 minutes.
- This is a student amateur competition.
- You will need to submit the application along with your business proposal by October 13, 2021.
What are my Next Steps?
- Reach out to your University Representative
- Attend a pitch planning workshop this Fall
- Partner with a mentor