New Student Orientation
Attendance at new student orientation is required of all incoming first-time-to-college students. Attending new student orientation is your way of making sure you are ready to make a smooth start to your life as an Old Westbury student.
Summer Orientation (for Fall 2021 Start)
The Summer 2021 Orientation Program will consist of 3 parts, of which, parts 1 and 2 will be 100% virtual and are therefore required.
Part 1: Virtual, half-day orientation program
- June 22, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- July 9, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- July 14, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- July 14, 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- July 15, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- August 11, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Part 2: Virtual Advisement (approximately 30-45 mins.)
- Campaigns will be sent via your Old Westbury email, by the First Year Experience office, after completion part 1 of the program.
Part 3: Optional in-person, half-day supplemental orientation. In accordance with NYS Department of Health and CDC guidelines, we will be offering in-person orientation sessions, which will address additional content not covered during virtual orientation. During this session, students will have the opportunity to visit our campus, meet with faculty, staff and their peers, while adhering to all safety guidelines set forth by federal, state and local entities. Due to capacity limitations, these sessions will be on a first-come-first-served basis and we will be unable to accommodate walk-ins on the day of orientation. While attendance at the in-person session is not required, we strongly encourage you to register so that you are optimally prepared to start the fall 2021 semester at SUNY Old Westbury!
- August 3, 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- August 3, 1:00 p.m.-5:20 p.m.
- August 4, 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- August 4,1:00 p.m.-5:20 p.m.
- August 5, 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- August 5, 1:00 p.m.-5:20 p.m. (Reserved for EOP)
*Registration for the in-person session will occur via email, upon completion of the first portion of the orientation program.
How do I pay my deposit electronically?
- Click on the tab that says eDeposits
- Select term
- Select tuition deposit and or both room Deposit if you are planning living in housing and Continue.
What to Expect at Orientation
Here is what you can look forward to:
- You will register for classes.
- You will meet and get to know future classmates during the workshops, meals and social times.
- You will meet faculty and staff from the Office of First Year Experience.
- You will learn all about life at Old Westbury – what it is like to be student here.
- You will learn about living in the residence halls or being a commuter.
- You will learn about all the services and programs that will be available to you to support your academic progress.
- You will learn about services and programs that will make life easier and more enjoyable to you .
- You will learn about logistics of Financial Aid, the Bursar, your Old Westbury student account and how to access it via the ConnectOW Portal.
- You will get your student ID picture taken.
- We promise you that you will get a lot done, meet people and have fun in the process!
Get a head start!
While at Orientation, we will share with you our Financial Literacy at Old Westbury (FLOW) program! We strongly encourage and advise all new students to complete the FLOW course "College and Money," which we will discuss at Orientation. If you would like to get a head start, go to Financial Aid , click on the FLOW banner, create a login using your OW email account and information, and click on "College and Money!" Both parents and students are invited to participate.