All students who wish to take undergraduate courses but are not planning to earn an Old Westbury degree are classified as non-degree special students. This particularly applies to students seeking to attend classes only for a summer or winter session.
These students must apply for admission and submit the appropriate credentials using the QuickAdmit form available at the link below:
Note: Students admitted under the undergraduate non-degree classification may not change their status to degree-seeking without submitting an application and satisfying regular admissions requirements.
Summer Session 3 classes began on Monday, July 21st!
Late registration remains available through July 25, 2014. An additional $50 charge is required to register via this process.
Students often choose Old Westbury’s Summer Session to:
- Satisfy intellectual pursuits in areas outside of their usual realm of study
- Enable themselves to graduate on time, or to accelerate their progress toward a degree
- Lighten the course load required in other terms
- Concentrate on some area of study needing full-time attention
- Take courses they could not get into during other terms
- Be in smaller classes
- Overcome academic difficulties/deficiencies
- Get a "jump start" in a new environment (for transfers)
Whatever reason you may have for attending courses this summer, Old Westbury will get you on the path to a brighter future in a minimal amount of time.