Teaching and Distance Instruction
These Blackbaord organizations will enable you to become familair with distance instruction and technology or advance your existing skill and experience. Utilize them as a starting point or a means to delve deeper into topic.
The Resource Center has an array of Teaching Resources for different levels of experience and course format. From here you can view a curated list of SUNY and other resources that assist in discipline specific pedagogy and modalities of teaching. There is information on technology platforms and technical support. Topic categories include:
- Support Services
- Best Practices for Teaching Online
- Remote/Flexible Instruction
- Asynchronous Online Resources
- Online Course Quality
- Discipline Specific Resources
The Online Conversion Center has material and information from Old Westbury's Instructional Design staff to assist you in covnerting your traditional, in-person course to an engaging, distance learning experience.
- Blackboard Training Videos
- Blackboard Basic Resources Guides
- Information on creating videos using Panopto
- Information on creating an access course with Ally
During the academic year, CETL will offer workshops, discussions, webinars and communities of practice. This supplements faculty resources offered here.
Review the supports and services available to students.
CETL's Webinar Series
Use these webinars for flexible, online training for a variety of important topics. Conact the CETL Coordinator if you would like to facilitate a discussion on one of the webinars.
- Cultivating Growth Mindset and Grit In The Online Learning Environment
- How To Address Plagiarism and Academic Dishonesty In Online Classes
- Interventions To Overcome Loneliness, Improve Health Outcomes and Combat Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal Ideation