The Research Seed Grant Program provides seed funding to catalyze and support SUNY faculty in the pursuit of large extramural grants in strategic priority areas.
- See full SUNY Research Seed Grant RFP (pdf)
- Research Seed Grant Budget Template for Track 1,2,3 (xlsx)
Three award tracks under this RFP:
- Center-Scale Planning and Development Program Award (proposal template for track 1 .docx)
- Multidisciplinary Small Team Award (proposal template for track 2 .docx)
- NIH Resubmission Support Award (proposal template for track 3 .docx)
Focus on SUNY strategic priority areas.
Selected faculty teams will be awarded up to:
- $50K for Center-Scale Planning and Development Program Awards
- $10K per faculty member for a total up to $40K for Multidisciplinary Small Team Awards
- $15K for NIH Resubmission Support Awards
Award recipients are required to submit at least one extramural grant proposal to an external funding agency within 18 months of receiving any of the above SUNY awards.