All SUNY College at Old Westbury community members should be aware that a vehicle registration sticker, obtainable for a fee of $10.00 on the Old Westbury portal, must be affixed to the driver's side rear window of any vehicle used to commute to the college. If a student, staff or faculty members utilizes a second or third vehicle, all vehicles must have their own vehicle registration sticker affixed to the conveyance. The University Police Department will issue parking tickets for vehicles without the campus registrations sticker.  There is no parking on the residence hall roadways or in handicapped spaces identified on any roadway in the vicinity of each residence hall. All parking regardless of lots must be in designated parking spaces and out of stall parking will be ticketed.

A complete version of the College's Campus Motor Vehicle Regulations can be found here: Campus Motor Vehicle Regulations

Parking Permits

Parking permits for 2015/16 academic year are available for purchase online at for students, faculty and staff. To purchase your permit enter your username and password, click the appropriate service tab (“Student Services,” “Faculty Services,” etc.), go to “Banner Self Service”, and “Order Parking Permit.” After following the instructions, you will receive a temporary printed parking permit while the actual permit is being mailed to you.  Be sure to consult the College's "Frequently Asked Questions about Parking Permits" for more information.

Handicapped Spaces

Community members parking in any of the campus handicapped spaces must have a handicapped plate on the vehicle, a county handicapped sticker hanging from the front mirror, or a temporary handicapped pass issued by the University Police Department. These temporary passes are issued for short periods of time and a doctor's note identifying the temporary disability must be forwarded to the University Police Department prior to the issuance of the temporary pass.

Visitor Parking

All visitors to campus should report first to the University Police Department to obtain a visitor parking pass. Vehicles without such a pass are at risk of citation.

Parking Citation Appeals

Requests for appeals regarding citations can be made to the College Traffic Safety Appeal Officer by using the "Appeal for Violation of College Motor Vehicle Regulations".