- Monday and Wednesday: 1:00 to 2:30 and by appointment
- PY 2010 Introduction to Psychology
- PY 2720 Psychology of Gender
- PY 2730 Psychology of African Descent Families
- PY 4350 Psychology of Violence in the United States
- PY 4520 Family Dynamics
- PY 4730 Psychology of Peoples of African Descent in the United States
- PY 5520 Families & Public Policy
- PY 9990 Independent Study in Psychology: Critical & Analytical Writing Skills
- 1982 Ph.D. Clinical Psychology - Adelphi University Gordon Derner Institute of Psychology, Garden City, NY
- 1977 B.A. Psychology & Anthropology - University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Teaching about race and culture.
- Disability Services in Higher Education
- Bringing race and culture to the center of the Psychology curriculum.
Select publications & presentations:
 Whitten, L., Fairchild, H., & Richard, H. (in press). Teaching African American Psychology. In Quina, K. & Mensa, J. (Eds.), (3rd edition). Teaching a Multicultural Psychology. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
 Anderson, L. & Whitten, L. (2010). Learning to Celebrate and Cope with Professional Success, Workplace Challenges. Diverse Issues in Higher Education, 26(25), 19.
 Anderson, L. & Whitten, L. (2006). The Psychology of African-American Success: The Internal Dialogue.” Black Collegian Online,.
 Whitten, L. (2004). Deconstructing Playing the Race Card.” Invited essay for E-xcellence in Teaching, Society for the Teaching of Psychology, e-journal, American Psychological Association.
 March, 2018, Panel presentation, “Challenges to Multicultural Teaching: How to Respond with Resistance, Resilience, and Resolve.” Association for Women in Psychology, Philadelphia, PA.
 July, 2017, Co-presenter, “Can African Centered Ethics Shape the Future of Black Psychology?” Houston, TX.
 September 2016, Workshop presentation, “Self-nurturance: A Holistic Perspective,” Sickle Cell Disease Association of America Convention. Baltimore, MD.
 August 2016, Co-presenter - “Ubuntu, On Being Fully Human and Living Ma’at: Moving From Concept to Ethical Practice,” Association of Black Psychologists national convention, Alexandria, VA.
 August 2014, Co-presenter – “Implementing Collective Impact in Business Organizations: Challenges and Opportunities for Diversity & Inclusion,” Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
 July 2014, Co-presenter – “Shutting the Revolving Door of Recidivism: Voiced Personal Experiences of African Descent Ex-Offenders,” Association of Black Psychologists national convention, Indianapolis, IN.
 August 2013, Co-presenter – "Capitalism and Inclusion: Surfacing Contradictions at the Organizational and Individual Levels," Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL.
 July 2013, Co-presenter – “The Nia Project: A Pipeline Program to Ensure Leadership Continuity. Association of Black Psychologists national convention, New Orleans, LA.