New Academic Building
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 1:00 to 2:30 and by appointment
- Introduction to Psychology
- Psychology of Gender
- Psychology of Peoples of African Descent in the United States
- Psychology of Violence in the United States
- Psychology of African Descent Families
- Family Dynamics
- Families and Public Policy
- B.A. Psychology and Anthropology Double Major Graduated with Distinction
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology Gordon Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies
- Teaching about race and culture.
- Disability Services in Higher Education
Select publications & presentations:
- Whitten, L., Fairchild, H. and Richard, H. (in press). Teaching African American Psychology. In Quina, K. and Mensa, J. (Eds), (3rd edition). Teaching a Multicultural Psychology. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- “Learning to Celebrate and Cope with Professional Success, Workplace Challenges” Co-authored with Linda Anderson, Diverse Issues in Higher Education January 21, 2010, 26(25), 19.
- Anderson, L. and Whitten, L. (2006). The Psychology of African-American Success: The Internal Dialogue.” Black Collegian Online,.
- Whitten, L. (2004). Deconstructing Playing the Race Card.” Invited essay for E-xcellence in Teaching, Society for the Teaching of Psychology, e-journal, American Psychological Association.