Assistant Professor of Secondary English Education
Coordinator, Graduate Programs in English Education
New Academic Building
- Ed.D. in English Education, Hofstra University
- Social justice pedagogy, various aspects of teacher education including writing teacher education, critical literacy, positive psychology, queer theory, and “writing hope” development in secondary and postsecondary education.
Select publications & presentations:
- Sieben, N. (forthcoming, July 2017). Building hopeful secondary school writers through effective feedback strategies. English Journal.
- Sieben, N. (2016). Teaching writing hope for a just writing society. The English Record, 67 (1), 99-121.
- Johnson, L., & Sieben, N. (2016). Minding the gap: Re-Framing writing as creative problem-solving. English Journal, 106 (1), 80-83.
- Sieben, N., & Hultberg, G. (2015, April). Collaboration fosters hope. English Leadership Quarterly, 37(4), 7-11.
- Sieben, N. (2013). ‘Why are you a teacher?’ and other questions my students dared to ask. English Journal, 103(2), 110-112.