- Asian American History
- Chinese Diaspora
- 20th Cen.
- Chinese Civilization
- Asian Studies
- Senior Seminar
- Making History
- Ph.D. in American History, City University of New York
- Chinese Americans
- Chinese Diasporas
- Asian Americans
- Modern China
- Book, Shaping & Reshaping Chinese American Identity: New York's Chinese in the Years of the Depression and World War II, 2020
- Book, Denver's Chinatown 1875-1000, Gone But Not Forgotten, 2019
- Book Chapter 1: "Personality & Politics: Deng Xiaoping's Return," Evolution of Power: China's Struggle, Survival, and Success
- Book Chapter 2: "The New History of Chinese Americans," New Historiography in the Contemporary West
- Refereed Article 1: "Taking Place in History: New York's Chinese Women in World War II"
- Refereed Article 2: "Fighting for Chinese American Identity"
- Mondays & Wednesdays: 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Also by appointment