New Academic Building
- EL 2211 Africana Perspectives
- EL 3510 Literature Across Cultures II: Theory
- EL 3870 Literatures of Africa
- EL 4600 Literature of India
- EL 6540 Topics in World Literature
- Ph.D. University of Pittsburgh, 2013
- M.A. Carnegie Mellon University, 2003
- Global Postcolonial Literatures
- Anglophone African and World Literatures
- Modern and Postmodern Fiction
- Literary and Critical Theory
- Humanism and Human Rights Discourse
Select publications & presentations:
- “Essaying against Empire: J. M. Coetzee’s Diary of a Bad Year” in Forum for Modern Language Studies, 52 (3): 241-256, July 2016, Oxford University Press.
- “Empire, Allegorical Imperative and Games of Truth: J. M. Coetzee’s Waiting for the Barbarians.” Colonization or Globalization: Postcolonial Explorations of Imperial Expansion. Ed. Silvia Nagy-Zekmi and Chantal Zabus. Lanham MD: Lexington Books, Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, 2009. 125-136
Work in Progress
- “J. M. Coetzee: Ethics, Subalternity, and the Critique of Humanism” (book manuscript).
- “Bandung, Frantz Fanon, and Edward Said: Postcoloniality and the Question of Humanism,” 28th Annual British Commonwealth and Postcolonial Studies Conference, Savannah, February 2019.
- “Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart: Literary Humanism and The Problem of Human Dignity,” 9th Annual Conference of the South East African Languages and Literatures Forum (SEALLF): Celebrating Chinua Achebe & African Languages, Literatures, Arts and Cultures beyond the Continent: The 60th Anniversary of Things Fall Apart, Norfolk, October 2018.
- “Frantz Fanon: Postcoloniality and ‘New Humanism,’” Northeast Modern Language Association Conference, Pittsburgh, April 2018
- “Essaying against Empire: J. M. Coetzee’s Diary of a Bad Year,” Traverses: J. M. Coetzee in the World, a world-expert conference in celebration of Coetzee’s 75th birthday at the University of Adelaide, Australia, November 2014.
- “Essaying against Empire: J. M. Coetzee’s Diary of a Bad Year,” Seventh Global Conference on Fear, Horror and Terror, University of Oxford, UK, September 2013.
- “Justice, Ethics, and Practices of Freedom: J. M. Coetzee’s Disgrace,” The Art of Outrage Conference, Fordham University, New York, October 2011.
- “Writing a Counter-Memory of Empire: J. M. Coetzee’s Foe,” Postcolonial and Related Literatures Seminar, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, November 2009.
- “‘Is it Post- or is it Post’: Postcolonial Studies in the Era of Globalization,” XVIII Congress of International Comparative Literature Association, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, July 2007.
- Interviewed for the film and App on the life and works of J. M. Coetzee, titled "Traverses: J. M Coetzee in the World," directed by Professor Jennifer Rutherford, Director of The J. M. Coetzee Center for Creative Practice, University of Adelaide, Australia, 2017. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/traverses/id1265691203?mt=8