New Academic Building
- Sociology of Work
- Sociological Theory I & II
- Research Methods I & II
- Senior Seminar
- Intro to Sociology
- Ph.D. 2013. Sociology. Graduate Center, City University of New York
- M.A. 2009. European Culture and Economy. Ruhr University Bochum (Germany)
- B.A. 2007. Philosophy. New York University. summa cum laude.
- Labor and Labor Movements
- Class and Inequality
- Political Economy
Select publications & presentations:
- Ikeler, Peter and Laura Limonic. 2018. "Middle Class Decline? The Growth of Professional Managers in the Neoliberal Era." THE SOCIOLOGICAL QUARTERLY.
- Ikeler, Peter and Jillian Crocker. 2018. "The Continuity of Work: Class Consciousness in Service and Non-Service Jobs." ECONOMIC AND INDUSTRIAL DEMOCRACY.
- Ikeler, Peter and Giovanna Fullin. 2018. "Training to Empower: A Decade of the Retail Action Project." JOURNAL OF LABOR AND SOCIETY.
- Ikeler, Peter. 2018. "Precarity's Prospect: Contingent Control and Union Renewal in the Retail Sector." CRITICAL SOCIOLOGY.
- Ikeler, Peter. 2016. HARD SELL: WORK AND RESISTANCE IN RETAIL CHAINS (Cornell University Press).
- Ikeler, Peter. 2016. "Deskilling Emotional Labour: Evidence from Department Store Retail." WORK, EMPLOYMENT AND SOCIETY.
- Ikeler, Peter. 2014. "Infusing Craft Identity into a Noncraft Industry: The Retail Action Project" in Milkman and Ott (eds), NEW LABOR IN NEW YORK (Cornell University Press).
- Monaghan, David and Peter Ikeler. 2014. "Global Centrality and Income Inequality in US Metropolitan Areas: A Test of Two Hypotheses." SOCIOLOGICAL FOCUS.
- Milkman, Ruth, Ana Luz Gonzalez and Peter Ikeler. 2012. "Wage and Hour Violations in Urban Labour Markets: A Comparison of Los Angeles, New York and Chicago." INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS JOURNAL.
- Ikeler, Peter. 2011. "Workers' Power in the Global City? Lessons from Three New York Transit Strikes." LABOR STUDIES JOURNAL.
- Ikeler, Peter. 2011. "Organizing Retail: Ideas for Labor's Ongoing Challenge." JOURNAL OF LABOR AND SOCIETY.