Assistant Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and Administration
Sociology Faculty (on leave)
- Stony Brook University, Ph.D. in Sociology
- Stony Brook University, M.A. in Sociology
- Stony Brook University, B.A. in History
Select publications & presentations:
- Heller, Jacob. 2015. "Rumors and Realities: Making Sense of HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Narratives and Contemporary Legends." American Journal of Public Health Vol 105, No. 1, e44-50.
- Heller, Jacob. 2011. Review of The Global Grapevine: Why Rumors of Terrorism, Immigration, and Trade Matter, by Gary Alan Fine and Bill Ellis, in Social Forces; doi: 10.1093/sf/sor039.
- Heller, Jacob. 2010. “The Social History of Vaccines,” in Controversies in Science and Technology, Vol. III (ed. by Daniel Kleinman, Jason Delborne, Karen Cloud-Hansen, and Jo Handelsman). Madison WI: University of Wisconsin Press, pp. 21-31.
- Heller, Jacob. “Should I Stay or Should I Go Now? Students Who Leave College,” Eastern Sociological Society 85th Annual Meeting, New York, (February 2015).
- Heller, Jacob. “Teaching 'Emotion Work' Using Poetry,” SSSI, New York, NY, August 2013.